Rapport de Family écrit par Pauline

Photos: Leemore, Dana, Erika & Betty, Alexa, lots of people & me in the top hat!










« They fuck you up your mum and dad! » were the first words of this "family" SpokenWord. David continued with his new poem, "drink up your cup of arsenic my dear!" Erika read to the rhythm of Poppy’s box, "she’s she and I’m I (…) Gemini, I, I, I" Thomas M. wanted to slaughter his family in front of everybody but didn’t do it, "you have to learn to love yourself because no one else will!" Géno talked about a girl, "elle a des parents pas marrants (…) elle se recoiffe le coeur content, et va fêter ses 17 ans ». Suzanne didn’t know why she waited so long to cut her hair. I played my first song about a certain "blond vénitien" whom I introduced to my parents… Alexa did her new poem, "I’m a middle-aged, middle-class, middle child of an American family". Ellen sung a letter to the piano that she left for her guitar. Dana accidentally sent a box of trash to her parents. Leemore did a beautiful song by the Magnetic Fields. Jacko excused his French as usual, "pleure petit bout, ça fait toujours du bien, au milieu de que dalle de se sentir quelqu’un".
Colin and Erica took the stage as a new band: Softcore Sometimes, and sung about "a boy who loved a girl who looked like his mother"! Erica spent another day with the modern ghosts. Corty did a cover of Britney Spears "Toxic". Christopher had "une orgie en enfer". Saskia taught herself the saxophone. Denise gave us a taste of the next Spoken Word (colours) with "we all live in a yellow submarine, yell it! Yellow!!!" Kevin said he didn’t like kids.
All in all, a pretty pessimistic vision of family but an intense and crazy spoken word night, which ended with a run to the last metro.
Thanks to all others who read or sung! Merci à tous et à la prochaine !
Pauline
P.S: I took over the report that night as Mr Barnes decided to enjoy the evening as a simple "spectateur". ;-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.